Was formerly LV-18, Owned by Lake Carrier's Association 1901-1912, Sold to Canada 1912.
Southeast Shoal was marked by the Canadian Government from 1896 to1901 and then removed all markings. The Lake Carriers Association considered the location critical and placed the Kewaunee on location in 1901. They then manned and maintained the vessel from 1901-1912. Operating expenses during this time were reimbursed by the US Government. After 1912 the Canadian Government assumed responsibility for the station and bought the Kewaunee using it until 1927.
Show documents associated with this vessel:Show Documents »
View a list of the people (crew members) who have been associated with this vessel:List People »