OWNER & ACCESS
Light List Data:
This was one of three lighthouses built on Lake Sunapee in the 1890s in an effort to improve the safety of steamboat travel. The builders were the Woodsum Brothers, who ran the steamships that traversed the lake in its heyday as a resort. The original lighthouse was destroyed by ice in 1935. In 1983 the Lake Sunapee Protective Association raised funds and rebuilt the lighthouse. By 1994 the crib on which the lighthouse stands had again been badly damaged by ice and had to be rebuilt again. The lighthouse is owned by the State of New Hampshire's Marine Patrol Bureau and is maintained by the Lake Sunapee Protection Association.
Information from New England Lighthouses: A Virtual Guide website, author Jeremy D'Entremont - www.newenglandlighthouses.net