OWNER & ACCESS
Light List Data:
In 1857, navigational lights were added to the north and south ends of the breakwater in Burlington Harbor. The small lighthouses were moved and rebuilt multiple times as the breakwater was expanded, and a middle light was added for a time beginning in 1890. The present north and south lighthouses are replicas built in 2003 by the City of Burlington in partnership with the Burlington Economic Development Office, U.S. Coast Guard Station Burlington, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Lake Champlain Maritime Museum, Preservation Trust of Vermont, the Lake Champlain Basin Program, and the Vermont Division for Historic Preservation.
Information from New England Lighthouses: A Virtual Guide website (author Jeremy D'Entremont), www.newenglandlighthouses.net.