OWNER & ACCESS
Light List Data:
The original name of the island (and lighthouse) was Negro Island. The name of the island was changed to Curtis Island in 1934 in memory of Cyrus H.K. Curtis, publisher of the Saturday Evening Post and other publications. He had died in the previous year. Curtis was a longtime summer resident and benefactor of Camden.
Information from New England Lighthouses: A Virtual Guide at www.newenglandlighthouses.net