OWNER & ACCESS
Light List Data:
In 1934, the lighthouse was deactivated and replaced by a nearby light on a skeleton tower. The lighthouse and grounds became the property of the Town of Islesboro and the keeper's house was converted into the Sailor's Memorial Museum, which opened in 1938.
The people of Islesboro convinced the Coast Guard to move the navigational light back to the lighthouse in 1987. A 250 mm optic was installed in the lantern. That optic was replaced by a VLB-44 (LED) optic in 2017.
(New England Lighthouses: A Virtual Guide at www.newenglandlighthouses.net)