OWNER & ACCESS
The original Halfmoon Reef Lighthouse was moved ashore in 1942 after being acquired from the Coast Guard by a private party. It has since been converted into a public museum. To visit the lighthouse, travel to Port Lavaca and visit the Bauer Community Center. The lighthouse is located next door, and access can be gained only by first going to the community center.
See Halfmoon Reef Light Station entry.