OWNER & ACCESS
Light List Data:
The light was converted to automatic operation utilizing acetylene gas in 1933, and the fog bell was discontinued. The light was soon replaced by an offshore buoy. The light station and the entire peninsula were sold into private ownership in 1934.
After electricity came to the house in 1951 the Coast Guard decided to reactivate the light, since boating traffic in the area had increased. In 1991, Benjamin and Luanne Russell of Alabama bought the 4 1/2-acre lighthouse property, and they subsequently restored all of the structures.