OWNER & ACCESS
Light List Data:
After automation, the property (except for the lighthouse tower) was purchased by Charles E. Robinson, a resident of the island. Back in 1906, Robinson had sold the land for the federal government for the establishment of the light station. Under the Maine Lights Program, the lighthouse was turned over to the Town of Isle au Haut in April 1998. A complete restoration of the lighthouse tower was finished in June 1999.
In 1986, the property, except for the lighthouse, was purchased by Jeff and Judi Burke. The Burkes converted the keeper's house into a bed and breakfast inn. The keeper's house property was sold in December 2012.
(New England Lighthouses: A Virtual Guide at www.newenglandlighthouses.net)