OWNER & ACCESS
Light List Data:
In 1985 the light station property, except for the lighthouse, was transferred to the Monhegan Historical and Cultural Museum Association. Under the Maine Lights Program, the lighthouse itself became the property of the association in 1998. The association has reconstructed the 1857 assistant keeper's house to serve as a museum for their art collection. It is the first time a keeper's house has been reconstructed in Maine.
(New England Lighthouses: A Virtual Guide at www.newenglandlighthouses.net)