OWNER & ACCESS
Light List Data:
The station was rebuilt in 1901; in 1976, three youngsters landed on the island on a windy day and started a campfire on the floor of the bell tower. The winds whipped the flames until most of the structures on the island were reduced to ashes.
The National Park Service has made a number of improvements to the island in recent years. As part of this project, the oil house remaining from the light station was demolished. The island’s 1885 boathouse, on the western shore, was stabilized. (Source: "The Lighthouses of Maine," by Jeremy D'Entremont)