Tongue Point Buoy Depot OR.jpg (6.79 MB)
Photo Courtesy of:
US Lighthouse Society Archives
Collection / Donor:
City / Town:
Buoy and Supply
- 1875: $10,000 approved by Congress for construction of Tongue OR Depot.
- 1878: Construction commenced.
- 1891: Congress approves an additional $15,000 for improvements and expansion.
- 1942: Buoy Depot moved to Naval Base Tongue Point and rebuilt.
Oct 23, 2017